Webinar Training hours are: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
View Training Dates: https://texasnotarypublicacademy.corsizio.com
Call us at (210)343-5007 or email us at: email@example.com
Call us at (210)343-5007 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about scheduling convenient “One on One” or group training.
This three-hour course sponsored by My San Antonio Mobile Notary, a BBB A+ Certified, veteran-owned business, is designed to educate current Texas Notaries Public, and those interested in the laws, rules, and regulations governing the Texas Notary Public.
The Texas Notary Public Professional Workshop will be delivered in a live webinar format.
Who should take this workshop?
Current Texas Notaries Public (as a refresher), and those interested in becoming a Texas Notary Public.
Why should you attend this workshop?
A Texas Notary Public is personally liable for negligence or fraud in the performance of the duties of the office. The Notary Public assumes personal liability for the full extent of damages caused by a breach of his or hers’ official duty. In addition to civil liability, Texas Notaries Public may be subject to criminal prosecution and the revocation or suspension of their notary public commission by the Texas Secretary of State's office.
There are currently no requirements for any type of “Formal Training” for Texas Notaries Public. However, as you will learn in this course, Texas Gov't. Code Ann. § 406.009 gives the Texas Secretary of State the authority to reject an application, or suspend or revoke the commission of any Notary Public for "good cause". "Good Cause" includes:
- • - the failure to comply with Section 406.017;
- • - a final conviction for a violation of law concerning the regulation of the conduct of notaries public in this or another state;
- • - the imposition on the notary public of an administrative, criminal, or civil penalty for a violation of a law or rule prescribing the duties of a notary public;
This means that even though there are no requirements for formal training, a Texas Notary Public is still expected to know and more importantly follow the laws and regulations governing his or her commission.
By the way, what is not mentioned above are the monetary fines that can also be imposed if any of the laws are violated. So, not only can a Texas Notary Public loose his or her commission, the individual could be looking at some pretty hefty fines depending on the severity of the violation committed (and believe me, this does happen).
Unfortunately, the excuse “I didn’t know” does not come into play. Before you start notarizing documents, it is your responsibility to learn the rules and regulations governing your Texas Notary Public commission.
DISCLAIMER: Completion of this course does not award you a Texas Notary Public Commission.
What you will learn:
- How to become a Texas Notary Public
- Reasons for Rejection/Suspension/Revocation
- Duties of a Texas Notary Public
- Authorized Notarial Fees
- Recordkeeping Requirements (Notary Journal)
- Notary Responsibilities
- How to complete notarial certificates
- The difference between an Affidavit and Jurat
- How to handle Certified Copies
- How to administer an Oath
- What you cannot do
- Unauthorized Practice of Law (UPL)
- And more.
Texas Notary Public Professional Training Academy – Mission:
To teach the Texas Notary Public how to properly notarize documents and complete notarial certificates, so the Notary Public will feel confident completing notarial duties for the general public. Also, provide training in “what to do” and “what not to do” as a Texas Notary Public.
Why participate in live webinar training:
I get a lot of requests from potential students throughout the state of Texas asking:
“Will you be doing any training in my area?”
The short answer is “no”. It’s just not cost effective for me to travel throughout the state to provide live training. Trying to coordinate dates when people can attend training, along with finding a venue with equipment to accommodate the training and other things involved can become a logistical nightmare.
Live webinar training allows more flexibility for both instructors and the students. Students can attend the training from the comfort of their own home, office, or other venues. All that is needed is an internet connection. Students can participate in the training using a laptop, desktop, tablet, smartphone, or similar devices.
- The live webinar training will follow the same exact format used in the live face to face training. Please go to the following link to hear testimonials from former students: https://www.texasnotarytrainingacademy.com/testimonials/
- The small classroom concept will be used. Classes will be limited to a maximum of 10 students.
- The goal of the training is to make sure that you understand what you can and cannot do as a Texas Notary Public, and how to implement best practices.
- Small classes will promote interaction amongst the participants and allow for everyone’s questions to be answered.
- Your webinar training will be recorded, and you will be allowed access to the recording for 60 days.
- Live webinar training is more cost effective for the students, you don’t have to worry about traveling to a location, paying for parking, eating out, etc.
- There are really no boundaries to live webinar training.