All Courses, Online Courses, Patrons
SPR01 Texas Notary Public Training Workshop - Self-Paced Online Instructor led Recording25 Lessons $75.00
All Courses, Online Courses
SPR02 Texas Notary Public Advance Course Self-Paced Online, Instructor-led Recording28 Lessons $95.00
All Courses, Online Courses, Webinars, Texas Loan Signing Agent Course (LSAC)
SP Texas Notary Loan Signing Agent Course (LSAC) - Self-Paced Online, Instructor-Led Hybrid20 Lessons $299.00
All Courses, Remote Online Notary Training
Become a Texas Online Notary - Part One5 Lessons $49.99
All Courses, Remote Online Notary Training
Online Notary Public Resources & Procedures - Part Two & Part Three4 Lessons $69.99
Who should take these courses?
Current Texas Notaries Public (as a refresher), current Texas Process Servers for Continuing Education, and those interested in becoming a Texas Notary Public.
Why should you enroll in these courses?
A Texas Notary Public is personally liable for negligence or fraud in the performance of the duties of the office. The Notary Public assumes personal liability for the full extent of damages caused by a breach of his or hers’ official duty. In addition to civil liability, Texas Notaries Public may be subject to criminal prosecution and the revocation or suspension of their notary public commission by the Texas Secretary of State’s office.
There are currently no requirements for any type of “Formal Training” for Texas Notaries Public. However, as you will learn in this course, Texas Gov’t. Code Ann. § 406.009 gives the Texas Secretary of State the authority to reject an application, or suspend or revoke the commission of any Notary Public for “good cause”. “Good Cause” includes:
• – the failure to comply with Section 406.017;
• – a final conviction for a violation of law concerning the regulation of the conduct of notaries’ public in this or another state;
• – the imposition on the notary public of an administrative, criminal, or civil penalty for a violation of a law or rule prescribing the duties of a notary public;
This means that even though there are no requirements for formal training, a Texas Notary Public is still expected to know and more importantly follow the laws and regulations governing his or her commission.
By the way, what is not mentioned above are the monetary fines that can also be imposed if any of the laws are violated. So, not only can a Texas Notary Public loose his or her commission, the individual could be looking at some pretty hefty fines depending on the severity of the violation committed (and believe me, this does happen).
Unfortunately, the excuse “I didn’t know” does not come into play. Before you start notarizing documents, it is your responsibility to learn the rules and regulations governing your Texas Notary Public commission.
DISCLAIMER: Completion of this course does not award you a Texas Notary Public Commission.
What You Will Learn
Texas Notary Public Training Workshop
- How to become a Texas Notary Public
- Reasons for Rejection/Suspension/Revocation
- Duties of a Texas Notary Public
- Authorized Notarial Fees
- Recordkeeping Requirements (Notary Journal)
- Notary Responsibilities
- How to complete notarial certificates
- The difference between an Affidavit and Jurat
- How to handle Certified Copies
- How to administer an Oath
- What you cannot do
- Unauthorized Practice of Law (UPL)
- And more.
Texas Notary Public Advanced Training Course
- Notarizing For Signers With Disabilities
- Adding Notarial Certificates
- How to Handle Handwritten Documents
- Proper Record Keeping
- Notarizing Documents Requiring Witnesses
- Avoiding Official Misconduct
- Notarizing Documents in Foreign Languages
- Notarizing Translations
- Signing With a Power of Attorney
- Incompetent Signers
- Credible Witnesses
- And more.
Texas Notary Public Professional Loan Signing Agent Course (LSAC) - Self-Paced Online, Instructor-Led Hybrid
Learn how to earn money closing real estate loans as a mobile notary signing agent
Start Your Own Mobile Notary Business
Texas Notary Public Professional Loan Signing Agent Course (LSAC) - Self-Paced Online, Instructor-Led Hybrid with 90-day course access
What does this mean?
Texas notaries can now take a Self-Paced Online, Instructor-Led Hybrid course, that includes the same great training and information offered in the classroom or in a live, hands-on webinar format, from the comfort of their own home.
This is a Self-Paced Online, Instructor-Led Hybrid Session
Part One (the business) is Self-Paced Online, Instructor-led Recordings
Part Two (the Loan Docs) is Self-Paced Webinar Playback
Self-Paced Online, Instructor-led Recordings are instructor-led slide presentations.
Self-Paced Webinar Playbacks are recordings of live instructor-led webinar training with students.
What is the Texas Notary Public Professional Loan Signing Agent Course?
We train notaries how to specifically handle and notarize real estate loan documents. notary loan signing agents are the last link in the real estate loan closing process that legitimizes the closing documents to complete the loan.
This self-paced training consists of two sections.
In the first section, we cover what exactly a Loan Signing Agent does, expectations, training, what is needed to get your business up and running, and more:
- Definitions & Terminology
- Expectations of a Loan Signing Agent
- Training (What you need to know)
- Equipment - Tools to get started
- Supplies needed to get started
- Suggested Software & Business Applications
- Accounting and other Admin Duties
- Recommended Plans
- Business Operations
- The Signing Preparation Process
- The Signing Process
- After The Signing
- And More.
We go through an entire loan closing package, page by page.
The role of a Notary Public is a huge responsibility. Performing these duties online adds an additional layer of official administrative responsibility, that requires the incorporation of new skills, laws, and rules.
The Texas Remote Online Notary Public Training Series is a three-part training program, created to help Texas Notaries interested in becoming remote online notaries get started.
Part One - Becoming a Texas Online Notary
- Part One discusses the steps necessary to become a Texas Online Notary, and takes you through the actual application process. The course comes with handouts and 60-days course access.
Part Two & Part Three - Online Notary Resources & Procedures
- Part Two - Online Notary Resources
- Part Two discusses the resources that are needed to successfully provide remote online notary services, such as supplies, and software. Remote online platforms are discussed, along with what you would need to create your own online platform.
- Part Three - Online Notary Procedures
- Part Three discusses the requirements to complete online notarizations in Texas and includes online notarization procedures.
- Part Two & Three comes with handouts and 60-days course access.
The Texas Remote Online Notary Public Training Series can be purchased as a bundle for $99.00
The bundle comes with handouts and 60-days course access.
At the Texas Notary Public Training Academy, we are always striving to provide the highest quality of Texas Notary Public education. It is our goal that each notary public who goes through our training is equipped to perform their duties as a public servant in a manner that exceeds expectations.