MMN - Mentorship Program For Mobile Notaries8 Lessons $299.00
All Courses, Online Courses
SPR02 Texas Notary Public Advance Course Self-Paced Online, Instructor-led Recording28 Lessons $95.00
All Courses, Online Courses, Patrons
SPR01 Texas Notary Public Training Workshop - Self-Paced Online Instructor led Recording25 Lessons $75.00
Who should take these courses?
Current Texas Notaries Public (as a refresher), current Texas Process Servers for Continuing Education, and those interested in becoming a Texas Notary Public.
Why should you enroll in these courses?
A Texas Notary Public is personally liable for negligence or fraud in the performance of the duties of the office. The Notary Public assumes personal liability for the full extent of damages caused by a breach of his or hers’ official duty. In addition to civil liability, Texas Notaries Public may be subject to criminal prosecution and the revocation or suspension of their notary public commission by the Texas Secretary of State’s office.
There are currently no requirements for any type of “Formal Training” for Texas Notaries Public. However, as you will learn in this course, Texas Gov’t. Code Ann. § 406.009 gives the Texas Secretary of State the authority to reject an application, or suspend or revoke the commission of any Notary Public for “good cause”. “Good Cause” includes:
• – the failure to comply with Section 406.017;
• – a final conviction for a violation of law concerning the regulation of the conduct of notaries’ public in this or another state;
• – the imposition on the notary public of an administrative, criminal, or civil penalty for a violation of a law or rule prescribing the duties of a notary public;
This means that even though there are no requirements for formal training, a Texas Notary Public is still expected to know and more importantly follow the laws and regulations governing his or her commission.
By the way, what is not mentioned above are the monetary fines that can also be imposed if any of the laws are violated. So, not only can a Texas Notary Public loose his or her commission, the individual could be looking at some pretty hefty fines depending on the severity of the violation committed (and believe me, this does happen).
Unfortunately, the excuse “I didn’t know” does not come into play. Before you start notarizing documents, it is your responsibility to learn the rules and regulations governing your Texas Notary Public commission.
DISCLAIMER: Completion of this course does not award you a Texas Notary Public Commission.
What You Will Learn
Texas Notary Public Training Workshop
- How to become a Texas Notary Public
- Reasons for Rejection/Suspension/Revocation
- Duties of a Texas Notary Public
- Authorized Notarial Fees
- Recordkeeping Requirements (Notary Journal)
- Notary Responsibilities
- How to complete notarial certificates
- The difference between an Affidavit and Jurat
- How to handle Certified Copies
- How to administer an Oath
- What you cannot do
- Unauthorized Practice of Law (UPL)
- And more.
Texas Notary Public Advanced Training Course
- Notarizing For Signers With Disabilities
- Adding Notarial Certificates
- How to Handle Handwritten Documents
- Proper Record Keeping
- Notarizing Documents Requiring Witnesses
- Avoiding Official Misconduct
- Notarizing Documents in Foreign Languages
- Notarizing Translations
- Signing With a Power of Attorney
- Incompetent Signers
- Credible Witnesses
- And more.
The Mobile Notary Mentoring Program is a 7-week program that consists of weekly assignments, and seven 30 minute weekly audio/visual sessions.
Once purchased, the Mentoring program is available for 90 days after purchase. In other words, you will get 90 days to complete the 7-week program and 30-minute mentoring sessions (7 audio/visual sessions).
Additional Course Information
- For students who are starting their own mobile notary business, or
- Current mobile notary business owners interested in taking their business to the next level.
- Weekly mentoring sessions for 7 weeks (up to 30 minutes per session)
- Covers 7 business modules.
- Each week a new business module is covered.
- Provides hands-on training for starting your Mobile Notary Business.
- For new notaries, it helps with follow through on what needs to be done after completing the notary public training.
- Answers questions on how to get your business up and running.
- For seasoned notaries, the training provides insight and guidance on taking your business to the next level.
- Weekly mentoring sessions are conducted via audio/visual Meeting platform.